There are many small supermarkets in Cafayate where you can buy most essentials. Your best bet though is to stock up on everything you need in Salta, where the choice is just much larger.
- San Carlos, in the market area.
- Hipersol, on the corner of San Martin and Calchaqui
- The Chinese supermarket, on a sidestreet of San Martin, opposite the hardware shop Corralón Keti.
You can buy meat, vegetables and fruits in the Cafayate market (located in the square between San Martín-Buenos Aires-Rivadavia-Bartolomé Mitre).
- There is a bakery in front of the service station YPF, open from 8:30 AM. (Ruta 40/Avenida Gral Guemes Norte).
- There is another bakery, open from 8:00 AM. (Belgrano Street, just before the square).
- Breads, croissants, pains aux chocolat can be obtained at the Grace Hotel Restaurant, reserved one day in advance, to be picked up from 08.30 AM. (within La Estancia de Cafayate)
- There is also Pacha, a Restaurant, Café and Bakery (on the corner of Silverio Chavarría (aka Salta) and Belgrano). Closed on Sunday and on Monday. They sell baguettes and breads, mostly available in the evenings.
There is a goat farm, called Cabras de Cafayate, less than 2km from the center of town. The goat farm is also a nice destination for a trip, especially with young children.
Cabras de Cafayate is open Monday to Friday with tours given at 9:15am – 10:15am – 11:15 am – 12pm, then closed for siesta and reopening at 2:45pm – 3:30pm – 4:30pm with last tour given at 5pm. Saturday tours are given at 9:15am – 10:15am – 11:15 am – 12pm and closed for the rest of the day whilst Sunday tours are given at 10:15am – 11:15am with last tour for the day given at 12pm.
Gelato ice cream Miranda is made with natural ingredients. You can also buy boxes of ½ or 1 kilogram. (Avenida Gral Guemes Norte).